Ensure you have the financial security to be in control of your retirement.
Before determining if an FIA is right for your portfolio, make sure you understand the specific product features and if the benefits ladder into your goals.
- have a retirement plan in place, but want to add balance to the mix
- need your earnings to never fall below zero
- want growth potential, coupled with principal protection from market loss
- seek a guaranteed minimum rate of return that never varies, regardless of market swing
- are interested in an annuity where the insurance company assumes the risk
…then an FIA might be right for you.
A financial professional, who is licensed to sell FIAs, is a great resource to help you decide if you should add one to your portfolio.
Questions to Ask Your Financial Professional
- How can an FIA help me diversify my portfolio?
- What are the pros and cons of an FIA?
- How can you use FIAs in a Qualified Plan?
- Can you tell me the key features I should know about FIAs?
- How and when could I access the money in my annuity?
- How is interest of an FIA calculated and applied?
- What are the terms and conditions for receiving payments from an FIA?
- Which indexing method is used?
- How does an FIA help me meet my overall financial objectives and time horizon?
- Will my current income last as long as I do?
- How will taxes impact my retirement income?
- What annuity is right for me based on key differences (for example, FIAs vs. variable annuities)?
- Do I lose the balance of an annuity if I pass away before I have received all my payments?
- How can I safely earn more yield?
- Can you tell me about the financial stability and credit rating of the insurance companies that will be issuing my FIA?